Meet the Maintenance

Meet the Maintenance

Enyla Blackmon, Staff Writer

Maintenance workers Brad Swinney and Calvin Lampkin of St. Andrew’s are both key to keeping the school going, as they do the dirty work and make sure the campus remains spotless. Swinney, the Director of Facilities and Operations, and Lampkin, HVAC Controller, are important people on the maintenance team for both the North and South campuses. 

With Swinney being here for 10 years and Lampkin for 13, it is clear that they love the jobs they have. “I really enjoy my job,” Swinney said. “I like figuring out complicated things and it keeps me organized and on schedule.” Similarly, Lampkin followed by saying “Well, I love the school. I love what we stand for. I believe in the students and I just love everything about the school.” 

Just as they care about the SA community, there are ways students can give back and help them out as well. Their jobs are very tedious and though they get it done themselves, small deeds can end up making a big difference. “I think making our job easier would be to help out with our trash. If you see something on the ground, pick it up and throw it in the trash,” Swinney said. “Yes, I’m with him, ” Lampkin said, “Try not to litter. If you see something on the ground, pick it up and throw it away.”