The Grove or The Junction?

Price Bryan, overall editor

Whether you are yelling “hotty toddy” or “hail state,” hanging out in the grove, or eating in the junction there is no denying that Mississippians love football and their schools; however, this begs the question, which school has the best atmosphere?

“In my opinion, Oxford is obviously the most fun city to be in because there is no other atmosphere that comes close to replicating what The Grove has,” Ole Miss Graduate and Freshman English Teacher Marty Kelly said.

Oxford is very popular among students at St. Andrew’s, as many students have parents or siblings that have attended the University of Mississippi. Many students travel to Oxford for games on the weekends.

“Ole Miss has the best tailgating because the atmosphere in The Grove is unbeatable and it’s a great place to hang out with your friends,” Senior Jack Ferguson said.

No matter how much fun the Grove is, there is no denying that Starkville is a great place to watch football too. Mississippi State has a really talented team this year, making games even more fun to attend.

“Davis-wade is the most electric stadium,” Sophomore Chadwick Collins said. “The cowbells alone allows State to have one of the loudest stadiums in the country.”

However, there is a lot of debate about who the best team in Mississippi is between MSU and Ole Miss Fans because neither wants to admit the other team is better.

“State is the best team in Mississippi,” Sophomore Web Watkins said. “Their defensive line is cold, and Fitzgerald is tough to stop because he is a dual-threat quarterback.”

Others are not easily convinced because Ole Miss has one of the most explosive offenses in the country under coordinator Phil Longo.

“Ole Miss is clearly the better team because defense doesn’t really matter with our offense being so good,” Ferguson said. “Jordan Ta’amu is a baller, and we have the best receivers in the country.”

While it will be hard to see who is better this early in the season, the two teams will face each other on Thanksgiving night for bragging rights. However, one thing is clear there is no other place in the country that can match the atmosphere in Oxford, Mississippi.