Track Team at Carpool

Phoebe Xu

The SA Girls’ Track Team came out victorious in the 3A State Track Meet in a close race. Tylertown had finished just a few points behind the SA Track Team because one of their girls had fallen during the 4×4. Nevertheless, the SA team beat them by seven points. To honor the team, the girls had the opportunity to go and do carpool at the Lower School on late Wednesday.

“Helping out with the lower school carpool was a really fun experience,” Sophomore Ebun Opata said. “I enjoyed talking to the lower schoolers about track and our state win. Some of the parents even wanted us to take pictures with their kids.”

This was the first time that the track team has done carpool in the past few years, unlike other sports where it is an annual event.

“I really liked being able to help with lower school carpool and seeing the smiling faces of the kids and parents when they heard about our state championship,” Sophomore Olivia Huckabay said. “I also liked that track was able to do something that the football and baseball team only do.

This carpool was a really good experience for the track team to bond at the end of the season, and it was a good way to close out a historic track season.

“I thought it was fun to get to talk to the Lower School kids and bring awareness to the track team,” Sophomore Simone Weatherspoon said.