Saint’s Summer

Jackson Van Meter, Staff Writer

As the saying goes, “there are a hundred and four days of summer vacation until school comes along just to end it, so the annual problem of our generation is finding a good way to spend it”. The St. Andrew’s students are fairly intelligent though and come up with a multitude of exciting activities to do over the summer such as building a rocket, or fighting a mummy, climbing up the Eiffel tower, discovering something that doesn’t exist, giving a monkey a shower or even surfing tidal waves and creating nanobots. One of the most popular activities among students is escaping from stress and school such as going to a beautiful beach on the Alabama or Florida coast.

“I’m going to orange beach, for an annual family trip, I’m so ready for exams to be over,” said Sophomore Kallen Mitchell.

“I’m going to Destin this summer, I’m ready to get my tan on,” said Sophomore Ann Louise Blackwood

Another popular place for Saints is summer camps.

“It’s my favorite place on earth, filled with my favorite people, and it is an amazing escape from the real world and the stress of school, and it is always a good time,” said Sophomore Mirren Viola.

Freshman Ellie Peterson agreed with Viola on the benefits of camp and the opportunity of escape from the monotony of day to day life and be free of stress and anxiety.

Another popular use of all the free time of summer is to better oneself and do college research. Summer is a great time to do college tours according to most college counselors and provides an excuse to travel and see new parts of the country.

Summer is also a great time to hit the weights, do some cardio, start new healthy habits, and most importantly get your grind on.

“This summer I plan on training like the legends,” said Freshman Andrew Ditto, “Rocky’s wimpy antics will look like child’s play compared to how hard I plan on grinding this summer.”

No matter what one does with the summer do it well and have fun because you don’t have forever, the summer will end and everyone will die someday, so seize the day.