A look back on the SA Spanish adventure!

Olivia Campbell

This past Thanksgiving, 10 students travelled to Spain as part of the SA exchange program with Colegio Alarcón. This two-week adventure gave students the opportunity to indulge in the Spanish lifestyle; learning about the culture, visiting famous landmarks and seeing Spanish school life first hand by staying with host families.

Spain is full of beautiful people and places, and I loved being able to live as with a Spaniard for two weeks and experience the country from a local’s perspective. Junior Tucker Shelson said.

The students visited many famous landmarks and sites in Spain, including the Palacio Real de Madrid. This impressive Baroque style building is the home of the Spanish royal family.

“My favorite landmark was the Palacio Royal de Madrid because it was so large and the rooms were so beautiful,” Junior Isabella Fraser said.

“Each room had beautifully detailed art, and its own theme. The most beautiful room in the whole palace was the cathedral. The ceilings inside were huge and covered with angles and biblical figures in heaven. There was gold colored everything and it was absolutely amazing,” Fraser said.

The international trips offered here at St. Andrew’s provide students with an enriching experience. Travelling to countries far and wide, students get the chance to see the world beyond St. Andrew’s.