SA Swim Team

Ariel Cox, Student Life Editor

For the last several years the SA swim teams swam their way to the North State Championships  making and breaking new records. On October 14th the girls team were the runner up behind brought home the 2nd place trophy and the boys team took home the gold with a first place trophy.

The SA swim team has been one of the most dominant teams at the school bring in plenty of titles and awards to add to the trophy case. The swim team spends countless hours practicing at an off campus locations.

Nineteen students made it to North State Championships. The Saints were able to compete against their completion that were looking to take their title. At the meet swimmers were in ten out of elven model ceremonies and two left with four gold medals.During the meet they met 37+ personal best times in individual races.The girls team had a constant back and forth battle against other school coming up four points short of St. Joe (121:125). The boys finished off the day winning with 132 winning by 17 points.

After passing many personal records both teams were able to attack prove that they belong at the top. This goes to show how much hard work and dedication pays off.

The team consist of: Emily Herrington, Katlyne Callahan, Lauren Balfour, Sarah Bradford Seawright, Meredith Boles, Mary Helen Manuel, Mayran Gonwa, Jack Smithson, Jay Warnock, Will Davis, Jackson VanMeter, Dickson Ray, Madelyn Abraham,Hannah Grace Kerr, Ava Ketner, Forrest Hutchison, Rhodes Pharr, Spencer Carroll and Mayrant Gonwa