Homecoming Fun!

Jackson Van Meter

On Friday, September 22 the St. Andrew’s Upper School joined the Lower School for the first Pep Rally in the Athletic and Recreational Center. Afterward, they enjoyed a pizza lunch together by the lake. The pep rally was held for this year’s homecoming game against Hartfield. The ARC was filled with school pride as students, dressed in their best Wizard of Oz themed attire, cheered for the football team and the homecoming maids. The sophomores won the Spirit Stick in their “yellow brick road” themed costumes, as well as winning the week’s homecoming scavenger hunt.
     “By becoming one of the most recognizable parts of the Wizard of Oz, sophomores stood out visually which gave us an advantage over the other grades” Sophomore Jordan Simmons said. “Also, because of Will Davis actually turning into a brick, the spirit award was easily ours.”
     After the pep rally, the Upper School gathered with the Lower School by the lake for pizza and cookies. The advisories of the Lower and the Upper School were grouped so Saints of all ages could mingle. 
     “It was different from most lunches but it was fun in a way of not knowing what was going to happen and knowing it’s going to be fun and an enjoyable, new experience with [the Lower Schoolers] no matter what” John Ray said. 
     While most students agreed the lunch was fun, many also thought it was too hot and the pizza tasted strange. Due to the heat and odd texture, many of the pizzas were leftover. Overall, through the heat and pizza problems, most students agreed the pep rally got them excited for homecoming and pumped for the game that night.