St. Andrew’s Mize Game preview

Price Bryan, Sports Staff writer

After struggling in the previous game against in-town rival St. Joe, the Saints will look to rebound Friday night. The Saints dropped their previous game to rival St. Joe 29-7, SA’s coaches were frustrated with their performance and put an emphasize on several things during the week at practice.
“We have to improve on blocking; we need to be more focused on pass completions,” Defensive assistant coach Dan Roach said. “We need to execute offensively and tackle securely to not give up the big play.”
The Saints take on Mize after starting the season off with a 2-1 record. They struggled on offense against St. Joe mustering only 7 points all game. The blocking was mediocre at best allowing no time for Junior Quarterback Holland Townes to throw. The team also believes that their team chemistry for the St. Joe game was not as good as it was in the first two games.
“They are very basic meaning their offense is pretty simple and so is their defense,” Senior Offensive Lineman Brooks Lacoste said. “I do not think it is anything we cannot stop.”
The SA football team is feeling confident after a good week of practice and is confident heading into the Mize game. The team expects to win because they are a talented group of individuals who play well as a team.