A Final Time at the Tee

Parker Grogan, Sports Editor

As the SA golf team closes their 2017 season out by coming in third place overall at the two-day state tournament held at Patrick Farms Golf Club in Pearl, Miss., Seniors John Chase Bryan, Zaed Yousuf, and Peyton Seago all move on to a new period in their lives, far removed from the SA golf experience.

The three seniors were not all able to compete in the last golfing expedition, however, due to Seago’s recent injury. Seago had surgery on Tuesday, May 9, for a slap tear in his labrum and bicep, which is a very serious injury to say the least. Furthermore, this injury took a serious toll on the team as a whole.

“Losing Peyton really hurt us as a team, and even with three solid scores from John Chase, Price, and me, it’s difficult to compete without a good fourth score,” Yousuf said.

This group of seniors led the team in their last hoorah this past Monday and Tuesday (the days of the state tournament), and they had a hard time realizing that their last sport season was over, thereby, ending the last high school activity they had left together.

“It’s crazy to think that high school golf is already over, but I wouldn’t trade the memories for anything,” Bryan said in an Instagram comment. “Gentleman, it’s been a pleasure.”

Bryan, who was runner up as an individual, will continue his golf career at Rhodes College in Memphis, Tenn., beginning in August. Simultaneously, Yousuf will be embarking on a new adventure at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, while Seago plans to attend Greystone, a school in preparation for the service academies, in Kerrville, Texas.

So, we, as the St. Andrew’s community, wish you seniors a farewell as we thank you for your leadership on and off the green. Remember, no matter where you may go to school for the next four years, you always started as a Saint, and once a Saint, always a Saint!