“Little Shop of Horrors” Performed by the Upper School

From March 2nd-4th, the St. Andrew’s Upper School performed the musical Little Shop of Horrors, receiving much-deserved standing ovation from the audience.

“The cast and crew of the musical Little Shop of Horrors did an AMAZING job,” Director of the Center for Performing Arts Ray McFarland said. “It is definitely one of the best musicals we have had at St. Andrew’s in a number of years. When a group of people work together seeking the common goal of doing the best work they possibly can…the results can be spectacular….and that is what this show was…spectacular.”

“It was an honor to be in what a lot of people are saying is the best musical since Sweeney Todd,” junior Turner Martin said.

All of the hard work contributed by the entire cast member showed through their outstanding performance that caused the audience chills, thrills, and many laughs.

“I thought it was super cute,” senior Thomas Hammons said. “I really enjoyed Steven Cook’s character; it reminded me of myself.”

While the cast members spent many nights working together and practicing, the seniors appreciated their final chance to perform in a high school performance.

“I am thankful that Little Shop of Horrors was my last high school show, because of all the hardworking, talented cast members who made this experience so fun and memorable,” senior Tanya Shenoy said.